Ayurvedic Care Of Heart
Ayurvedic Care Of Heart
World health organisation states that our cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death all across the world. Main function of the heart is to provide blood to every part of the body. According to traditional science, the heart is said to be the storehouse of energy. The heart helps to stay healthy and keep our life going from birth to death. Improvisation in our daily lifestyle must be advised to everyone in today's world because undue stress, poor diet habits, and emotional outbursts are the leading causes to affect the heart. Our blood is a great source of nutrition to body cells. Heart helps to flow the blood and provide the important ingredients to the tissues like glucose, amino acids or fatty acids and oxygen. The key for a healthy heart is to take some extra care of the heart and this is possible with the Ayurveda. In this article we are going to discuss how Ayurveda can help us to keep our heart healthy.=randomurun?>
When our elders told us to be safe is better than to say sorry, they are right! This is hundred percent true when it comes to talking about heart care. It is the heart that keeps us alive by providing essential components to our body tissues in the form of blood. In our body the heart is located in the left side of the chest and surrounded by lungs, chest muscles along with rib cage. It has four chambers and the left side of the heart receives the pure blood from lungs and pumps this pure blood to the body through arteries. The right side of the heart is filled with impure blood that comes from the whole body through veins and goes to lungs. Heart health is being controlled by sadhaka pitta, Avalambaka kapha, vyana vata. These doshas are found everywhere in the body but the main ashraya of these doshas are the heart. Natural herbal formulations help to balance these doshas and keep away from heart disorders.=related('articleicindeencoktekrarlanankeyword')?>
Causes For Heart Diseases
Various factors are responsible for causing heart disorders are -
- Increased alcohol consumption
- Smoking habits
- Elder age groups
- Family history of heart disorders
- Lack of exercise
- Stress and irritable behaviour
- Hypertensive disorders
- Uncontrolled dietary habits
- Diabetes mellitus
Common Clinical Features Of Heart Disorders
- Heart arrhythmias
- Fluttering in chest
- Shortness of breath
- Slow heartbeat (bradycardia)
- Fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Edematous swelling in feet
- Heaviness of chest
- Pain in chest
- Pain radiating to left arm, shoulder, jaw and back
- Severe sweating along with chest pain
Ayurvedic Care For Healthy Heart
As we have discussed, heart health is being controlled by sadhaka pitta, Avalambaka kapha, vyana vata, the balance between these doshas help to maintain the proper health of the heart. In Ayurveda texts heart disorders are categorised under Vataja, pittaja, kaphaja, sannipataja and krimija, these are five heart ailments. Basically heart disorders are due to degenerative changes in arteries and hardening of arteries. There are many beneficial herbs that enhance heart health but also remove the toxins deposited in the heart or in its vascularities. They increase the elasticity of blood vessels, fight against atherosclerosis, and many other heart disorders.
Best Herbs For Heart
- <strong>Arjun (Terminalia arjuna) - Arjun chaal (bark), is a very beneficial herbal remedy for heart disorders. It is mentioned in all Ayurvedic Samhitas and is flaked off in early summers. It shows many health benefiting properties like anti-oxidant, lowers the blood pressure, anti-ischemic, anticoagulant, this is a strong cardio-protective agent, it helps to enhance the flow of blood in coronary arteries. In Anginal pain and heart attack conditions many patients are advised to take bark powder. It helps in toning of heart muscles and prevents heart diseases. Arjuna can be taken in any form like in powder form, extract form, tablets form, asava-arishta form, and when it is taken with milk then it is referred to as Arjun ksheer paak. This is a very famous milk formulation that helps in various types of heart disorders. This is a cardiac tonic, strong antioxidants, gives strength to heart and helps to reduce the high cholesterol levels, and high blood pressure and is helpful in relieving heart disorders.
- Garlic (Allium sativum) - It is a very famous herb of the Amaryllidaceae family. This is well explained in ayurvedic texts and has a significant impact on reducing the hypertensive conditions, and level of bad cholesterols. It helps in controlling the early degenerative conditions in arteries and is widely used in tablet form, capsule form or in raw form.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) - This wonderful herb is used for reducing stress, anxiety or depression disorders and hypertensive conditions as well as it is also used for diabetes and joint disorders that result in pain.
- Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) - This is a very useful herb that helps to pacify the tridoshas, and it is made by the sap of this tree. It is highly indicated in artherosclerotic conditions, and in obese persons. It is used in capsule form or tablet form. Apart from the heart diseases it is also used in various disorders like arthritis, thyroid disorders etc.
Follow the Healthy Diet Chart and ExercisesNutritionally balanced diet at the right time, proper sleep should be taken by the patient, avoidance of junk food, heavy meals, meals after short intervals should be avoided, digestion should be improved by the nutritional food that should be light. Three healthy meals are good enough for our daily life routine. Active lifestyle and regular exercise is the perfect regimen for avoiding heart disorders, this can also reduce the occurrence rate of heart attacks.
Some of the yoga asanas that might help us to prevent heart diseases -
Yoga is an old relaxation process that helps us to bring activeness in our body and it helps the blood to reach every part of the body. These yogas help us to bring physical wellness, mental peace, positive thinking, and it is said to be the holistic lifestyle which can make our body strong and helps us to keep away from various diseases.
In the above article we have discussed Ayurvedic techniques for keeping our heart healthy. Maintain the tridoshas, eat healthy food, use home remedies in day to day life to decrease the occurrence rate of heart diseases, do yoga asanas for 20-30 minutes daily to keep our mind, heart and soul healthy. Choose a low fat diet, limit junk foods, maintain ideal weight, take plenty of fluids, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, and choose a low fat diet. Anuloma-viloma. Bhramari or pranayama are also very helpful for older people and are easily practised by everyone.